Saturday, February 2, 2013

Just Some Saturday Ramblings

I was trying to think of something to blog about this evening but nothing came to mind. So I thought I would just say some things that come to mind as I sit here typing.

I am so lucky to be married to my wife for almost 47 years. Even though we have had some had hard times financially and medically she has stuck by me and loved me for these many years. She has been true to me as I have been to her.

Our children, Teri and Kenny, have turned out to be such strong Christians. We love them more each day and are very happy that they both have Christian spouses and are bring up our grandchildren in Christian homes. 

I wish I was closer to my brothers, Jack and Doug, both in location and in brotherly relationships. We live so far apart from each other. We used to get together each year in March to attend a men's retreat in Northern Michigan but we haven't done that for several years.

I am glad that I was raised in a home where our parents took us to church each week and didn't just send us there. My mother died at a much too young age. Judy never got the chance to meet her. I know that they would have been good friends and my mother would have adored Teri and Kenny as well as Traa and Daniel. 

I am thankful for my church family and for Jesus, who died on the cross for my sins. He knows me better than I know myself and He loves me anyway. Thanks you Jesus for all you do for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment