Wednesday, January 30, 2013

What a Difference a Day Makes

Yesterday at this time in the evening it was 68. Now, 24 hours later, it is 36. We had over 2" of rain and very high winds, up to 60 MPH. We were fortunate again in not having any wind damage. But this has been a very wet January with going on 9" of rain. 

Started the day with my weekly Bible study at the YMCA followed by almost three hours of physical exercise. Road the exercise for 8 minutes (1.9 miles), went through the 14 machines lifting 22,215 pounds, walked for 30 minutes (1.4 miles), and finished with a 10 minute swim (500 meters).

I went to my spine doctor for a followup from my lumbar epidural last month. She wants me to get a least one physical therapy session to teach me exercises that I can do at home. So I go there next Tuesday. Other that that she said I was doing good without having much residual pain.

Took some teenagers from our church to a Christian concert this evening. Of course they all knew the group (Aaron Keyes) but I had never heard of them. I guess I don't listen to the "right" kind of music. The group  had a good message for the thousand or so kids there. This concert was a prelude to a weekend long "D-Now" series of studies and talks about being a Christian. Happens every year about this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment