Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Warm Day in Northern Alabama

It was a very warm day today for the end of January. Got up to around 72 and is still 68 at 10:00 pm. But we are under a weather watch, expecting high winds and a lot of rain starting around 5:00 tomorrow morning. I got a new rain gauge that I put out this afternoon so I will be able to get a more exact reading on how much rain we get.

The schools here do not know what to expect from the weather so they have decided to be safe and start from one to two hours late tomorrow. 

I had my quarterly checkup with the heart research center this morning. I don't know if I am taking the actual research drug or a placebo, but if I go by my A1C results I think I am talking the actual drug. In the year that I have been on it my A1C has dropped from 6.7 to 5.8, which is just about a normal level. After completing the first year I now go to an every six month checkup. They also raised the amount I get for each visit from $25 to $40. Not a lot but it will pay for a nice evening on the town for Judy and I.

Tomorrow I go to see the spine doctor to follow up on my pain levels after the epidural I had in December. I am doing much better with pain only when I sit on certain seats, like at church :-) I very seldom take the pain medicine that she prescribed which is a good indicator of my pain.

Started going back to a men's Bible study Wednesday mornings at the YMCA, after which I work out for a couple of hours. Enjoying both!

No comments:

Post a Comment