Saturday, January 26, 2013

I was going to get up early so I could get to the health fair at the YMCA when it first opened but I fooled around, having breakfast, reading the morning paper, having my coffee, and just taking my time to get ready. I finally made it to the fair around 10:00. I was sort of disappointed in the fair itself. I didn't think it was as good as previous fairs were.

I left the fair after about an hour and went to the Von Brawn Center in Huntsville for the annual RV Show. My main reason for going was to talk to the various RV vendors about renting an RV for a week or 10 days during the summer. Judy's 50th high school reunion is the first week in August and she would like to go. But she would not be able to withstand the trip in our van since she has to stop every 45-60 minutes for a pit stop and can't get comfortable in the seats. Hence the RV rental. I talked to all of the vendors but only two of them rent them. The one who had a brochure on rentals had the prices in it. It won't be cheap! I figure it to run about $5K for 10 days including the rental, insurance, park fees, and fuel. Will just have to see.

Came home and read all the different material I got at both the health fair and the RV show. Wanted to take a nap but decided not to and just try to get to bed early. So goes the day in the life of Ken Mitchell.

No comments:

Post a Comment