Monday, January 21, 2013

I am an American

Let me ramble for a little this evening. I am an American, born and raised here in the good old USA. I am not a "dash-American"! By that I mean I am not a Mexican-American, African-American, Asian-American, Euro-American, or any other kind of hyphenated-American. And I absolutely hate (YES HATE) those hyphenated terms. If you were born here then you are an American by birth. If you were born elsewhere but migrated here legally then you are still an American. I think that the use of these hyphenated descriptions lead to more diversity and division among the races that they help. So lets stop their use and just call ourselves Americans.

And as far as those who have who have migrated here illegally should return to the places where they came from and enter the country legally. My grandparents did as well as my mother. So they can too!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I took Judy to the Congestive Heart Failure (CHF) clinic this afternoon and she got a good bill of health. She doesn't have to go back for three weeks. Tomorrow afternoon I take her to the endocrinologist and then on Friday to the heart doctor for a checkup. I still have to change her wet-to-dry bandages every day but the wound is getting smaller each day as it heals up.

The weather here is turning cold tonight with the temperature in the teens. I know it isn't as cold as back up north but is not as nice as Tucson, AZ, is. Oh well, we will just have to put up with it.

"He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God." Revelations 2:7

No comments:

Post a Comment