Sunday, January 20, 2013

In case you may have missed the title of my blog I changed it today from "Ken's Daily Blog" to "The Ramblings of a Damn Yankee". Also, in case you didn't know the difference between a "Yankee" and a "Damn Yankee" it is this: A "Yankee" comes from the North to the South for a visit and goes back up North. A "Damn Yankee" comes from the North to the South for a visit and stays! Just a little tidbit of useless information.

Today started very early at around 2:30 am when I am awakened out of a sound sleep by a tinkling of a bell. Judy uses this bell to get my attention since we sleep in different bedrooms due to her having a hospital bed after her open heart surgery. So I get up to see what is the problem and she says that the toilet is running in the master bath and she can't lift the cover off the tank. So I go to see what the problem is and find that the chain is tangled and won't let the tank ball return to it's seated position. So I fix it and go back to bed but I can't sleep and lie there for 2 hours. When I finally get back to sleep for a couple of hours my alarm goes off telling me that it is time to get up for church. I did take about an hour nap this afternoon but still need more sleep.

Church was good this morning and I did manage to stay awake for the entire service.

I had made a roast for dinner that was ready when we got home and it was delicious. After dinner I made peanut butter cookies just to have around for snacking.

All in all it was a very good day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment