Friday, April 19, 2013

Finally Back to Blogging

I received a call this afternoon asking if something was wrong because I had not blogged for several weeks. I have to admit that I just was being lazy as well as not knowing if anyone was really reading these ramblings. But here I am again.

We have been doing pretty good health wise except for Judy's bout with Bell's Palsy and having to get tubes in her ears. She had to have an MRI just to make sure that she didn't have a stroke or anything related to her heart and determined that she had some fluid in her ears, therefore the tubes. It has been a week since she got them and today the doctor said she was doing good. I still have to put drops in both ears for a few days longer, at least until the drops are all used up. Thankfully we don;t have to buy more as they are very expensive: $72 copay for each little bottle.

The Disaster Relief training i went to several weeks ago was very informative. I am not trained on how to set up and operate the shower and clothes washing trailer/ Just another area where I can be used in the event of a disaster.

This Sunday is Disaster Relief Sunday for the Alabama Southern Baptist Convention (SBC) churches. We are asking each member church to give one dollar for each member of the church to go towards funding the many areas of disaster relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment